Public Safety Communication Europe (PSCE https://www.psc-europe.eu), as the co-ordinator of the BroadWay consortium and pre-commercial procurement project respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of users of www.broadway-info.eu (the “Website”) and complying with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We are aware that as a user of this Website you care about the security and privacy of your information. The purpose of this Data Protection Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) is to outline how we deal with any personal data you provide to us while visiting this Website.
By visiting this Website, you are accepting the terms of this Notice. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such, and we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of those other websites.
For the purposes of data protection, you can contact us at this address by post or email at:
Email : email@example.com
Public Safety Communication Europe
Rue des Deux Eglises 37-39
2. What information do we collect?
PSCE is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. For people who view and interact with the Website, we retain two types of information:
a) Non-Personal Data
You can browse the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Like most websites, our Website collects non-personal data about you when you visit our Website through text files and your Internet Protocol (IP) address that cannot be used to identify or contact you. A Text or Log file is a file that describes which files or web pages a site visitor has requested from our server. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you connect to the internet; this number is not linked to any identifiable data. The number is used by network computers to identify your computer so that data can be sent to you. PSCE does not collect IP addresses.
b) Personal Data
Personal data is data that identifies you or can be used to identify you and contact you. Data is collected only with your knowledge and permission and is retained by PSCE in a secure manner.
This refers to data collected:
- to respond to your query when sent through our ‘contact’ page
- to action your request to be involved in our partnering initiative through our ‘partnering tool’ page
- to respond to your request to register for BroadGNSS’s PCP event(s) through our ‘registration’ page
- to collate your replies submitted by you through our open market consultation ‘questionnaire’
- to action your request to be involved in our Practitioner Evaluation Team initiative during the PCP project
3. Why we process your data, the lawful basis and who we share it with?
a) Non-Personal Data
b) Personal data
For people who view and interact with our Website, we process data:
- To respond to your queries and submitted data if you complete the options listed in 2(b) above on our website, where you will be asked to provide personal data such as your name and email address. PSCE is relying on the legitimate interests of promoting the BroadWay consortium’s pre-commercial procurement project as the legal basis for processing this data and will retain this data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued.
4. Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- right to access the data– you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- right to rectification– you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- right to erasure– you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- right to restriction of processing or to object to processing– you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability– you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Belgian supervisory authority is the Data Protection Authority.
5. Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our Website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our Website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purpose described above, we cannot respond to your queries sent through our contact us form, liaise with you about our services or assess your suitability for a role within our firm.
6. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information. Once you close your internet browser, the cookie simply terminates. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies.
PSCE takes its security responsibilities very seriously to ensure the protection of your information on our Website. We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of personal data you volunteer. All our user’s information is restricted in our offices. Only the employees and consultants of PSCE who require the information in performance of a specific job are granted access to personal data. Finally the servers that we use to store personal data are password protected and kept in a secure environment behind a locked door.
This Notice will be the subject of change and the use of information that we gather shall be subject to the privacy notice in effect.